Minutes of the Meeting of Trimdon Foundry Parish Council held on Tuesday 12th December 2017 at 6.30 pm in Trimdon Station Methodist Church.
165/17 Present: – Councillors Brian Ferguson (Chairman), Maureen Lenehan-Ferguson, Margaret Eadsforth, Gail Elliott, Gary Elliott, Carole Bell.
166/17 Apologies: – Cllr. Jean Loverance (Work) County Councillor Lucy Hovvels
Mr. John Robinson Parish Clerk was also in attendance.
There were 1 member of the public present.
167/17 Notice of Motion
It was proposed Cllr. Brian Ferguson and seconded Cllr. Maureen Lenehan Ferguson that the Notice of Motion summoning the meeting be agreed. This was carried.
168/17 Declaration of Interest: – nil
169/17 Members Dispensations: – none noted
170/17 Members sharing of information
There were no issues members wished to raise.
171/17 County Council Report
Cllr. Hovvels had sent her apologies via the Chairman.
172/17 Minutes of monthly meeting held on 14th November 2017
The Chairman advised he had taken advise from his Barrister and to adopt any minutes from any Council meeting until the Standards Board hearing against him was resolved it would infringe his Rights under the European Rights Act. He had also spoken directly to the Independent Assessor allocated to his case and he had advised he should not sign any minutes whatsoever.
Resolved: – on a motion proposed by Cllr. Brian Ferguson and seconded Cllr. Margaret Eadsforth the minute adoption be deferred was carried on the following basis those voting for Cllr’s Brian Ferguson, Cllr. Margaret Eadsforth and Cllr. Maureen Lenehan Ferguson, no votes against and Cllrs. Gary Elliott, Gail Elliott and Carole Bell abstaining.
173/17 Matters for information
Cllr. Carole Bell requested in future items be listed both by minute number and meeting date making it easier for members to audit. See appendix1. The following were highlighted:-
- Letters had been sent to residents of Nattress Terrace and both the Police, County Councillors and Neighbourhood Wardens. County Councillor Grant has offered to support the Council and residents in regards to anti-social behaviour by providing Neighbourhood Funding. She has met Ron Hogg at a meeting and he is committed to funding the Council also. It was resolved to invite all stakeholders to a special meeting on the 9th January. Members wished to proceed however, with the meetings to take forward CCTV and to have the metal bar repaired.
- Website, Cllr. Eadsforth advised she along with Cllrs Loverance, Ferguson and Lenehan Ferguson had undergone the training earlier in the evening and she had agreed to become of the Webmaster. Resolved:- proposed Cllr. B.Ferguson and seconded Cllr. Margaret Eadsforth that Cllr. Eadsforth become named Council Webmaster.
- Cllr. Carole Bell advised members of pot holes in the area to the Community Orchard becoming a concern. Clerk has reported same to DCC.
- The Clerk advised members he had circulated an e-mail regarding Cllr Carole Bell sourcing a replica pit tub. Resolved:- on a proposal by Cllr Carole Bell and seconded by Cllr. Margaret Eadsforth that the Council purchase the tub, it be sited in front of the fish shop area and be added to the Asset Register. It was also agreed to use the donated £350 from Garden Society and top up with Council funding. This was agreed unanimously.
- Windsor Garden complaint re loss of footpath, dated 29th August 2017. Members noted lack of response from DCC on this issue. Cllr. Brian Ferguson advised it was now a legal matter and in the hands of solicitors.
- Cyber Event, Cllr. Margaret Eadsforth advised May Crescent had already held a similar event. She had decided not to proceed with a session in the Methodist Chapel
- Contact sheet re-circulated
- S.E.Landscapes are dealing with Cemetery benches over winter period.
- S106, Cllr. Margaret Eadsforth advised she had requested the Clerk to set up meetings with play providers for quotes to purchase additional play equipment. This he is organising for early January 2018.
- Still no reply to Council letter of 18th July to Head of School Services regarding the road in front of Deaf Hill School. Clerk to refer to Cllr Hovvels
- Cllr. Brian Ferguson requested a copy of the letter from S.E.Landscapes in regards to the work they undertook in the Council allotment.
- Members requested chase up letter to DCC re- planting of tubs Toban Street be sent
- S.E.Landscapes to be asked to supply drawings and costings for the work they propose to do to heighten the flower bed edges
- Dog Bin map to be forwarded to Cllr Hovvels
174/17 Police Report
175/17 Public Participation
Mrs. Carter wished to thank the Chairman and his wife for attending the previous Friday and presenting the children of the playgroup with their prizes.
176/17 Going Forward Together
Cllr. Margaret Eadsforth asked for clarification on the relationship between the Council and this group. Cllr. Brian Ferguson advised it was an incorporated body which enabled the Council to act as Secretariat. Cllr. Bell advised it is made up of DCC, TFPC and numerous groups in the Parish. Cllr. Eadsforth requested the issue remain on the matters arising sheet. Cllr. Bell congratulated the group on winning the DCC Environmental Awards.
177/17 Sustran Invoice
Cllr. Ferguson asked on both his and Cllr. Eadsforth behalf, an update on the work being undertaken by this Company. Cllr. Gail Elliott advised it was linked to the Heritage Trail and will produce an up to date assessment of the trail, timescales in regards to future management as well as costings for project to proceed. This was accepted.
178/17 Smaller Council Forum
Cllr. Brain Ferguson reported on the last meeting of the above. The main issues discussed focused on the GDPA training and disquiet at the quality of the recent training event.
179/17 Member IT
Cllr. Carole Bell advised she had circulated to all members e-mails requesting information of what they expected from the IT System. 3 members had as yet not replied. Cllr. Eadsforth advised she was one of those who had not replied and had no intention of. She was of the opinion a meeting with the agreed company was needed to undertake this specification assessment. She stated that as the Chairman’s computer is still suffering to hacking, and both hers and the Clerks had been hacked recently a resolution asap is needed.
Cllr. Brian Ferguson advised he had attended a meeting at County Hall with Cllr. Lucy Hovvels were he was advised specialised i-pads are needed to conform with GDPA and that County Hall had purchased the requisite i-pads at a cost of £800 each. The meeting had strongly advised him that this Council take advise from a professional company to ensure compliance with GDPA
Resolved:- It was moved Cllr. Margaret Eadsforth and seconded Cllr. Brain Ferguson that a meeting be held with Lane Computing Company to discuss members requirements and to proceed to purchase following this meeting. This was carried 3 for,3 abstaining. Cllr. Eadsforth, Ferguson, Loverance and Lenehan-Ferguson to attend. Cllrs. Bell, Gary Elliott and Gail Elliott advised they did not wish to attend.
Cllrs. Carole Bell, Gail Elliott and Gary Elliott requested that as of 1st January 2018 all documents be sent to them by hardcopy.
180/17 Christmas Events
Members expressed their appreciation to those who had assisted in any way. Cllr. Gary Elliott requested a letter of thanks be sent to the lady who had supplied tea/coffee to the showmen.
- Various e-mails circulated to members during the month, none for decision
- Electoral Role received
- Notification of Christmas Bin Collection received.
182/17 Monthly Financial Report.
Members agreed to monthly re-conciliation.
Monthly accounts were presented for payment. Members discussed each invoice. It was agreed all cheques authorised.
183/17 Planning Applications
184/17 Asset Register
The Clerk circulated members with the up to date Register. Cllr. Eadsforth asked if the Orchard, recent benches, Hanging Trees have been added, and Clerk confirmed. Cllr. Eadsforth also asked why no land value id recorded. Clerk advised no Village green/Parish land is required to go on Register.
The Clerk circulated the up to date MTFP. Cllr. Eadsforth proposed and Cllr. Brian Ferguson seconded that this item be deferred to the January meeting to allow members to give the Clerk any alterations prior to the next meeting for inclusion.
Cllr. Eadsforth also supplied Clerk with suggested alterations to Allotment Rental Agreement. This to be deferred to January meeting also.
Cllr Brian Ferguson proposed and Cllr M.Eadsforth seconded that under provision of S1 of the Public Bodies Act 1960 as amended by S100 of the Local Government Act 1972 this council does now exclude the press and public for the remainder of the meeting. This was agreed.
186/17 Cemetery Clean up tenders
It was prosed Cllr. Gary Elliott and seconded Cllr Margaret Eadsforth to accept tender submitted by S.E.Landscapes to undertake this work. This was agreed. (details of tedder in tender file)
187/17 Replacement of memorial Fencing
Resolved:- It was prosed Cllr. Margaret Eadsforth and seconded by Cllr. Gary Elliott to accept the tender submitted by Peart Fencing be accepted. This was agreed. (details of tenders in Tender file)
Meeting closed at 8.50 pm.
Agreed and Signed by:
Chairman of Parish Council meeting held 9th January 2018