Minutes of the Meeting of Trimdon Foundry Parish Council held on Tuesday 10th May 2022 at 7.05pm at May Crescent Community House
Minutes of the Extraordinary Meeting of Trimdon Foundry Parish Council held on Tuesday 31st May 2022
Councillors Carole Bell, Gail Elliott, Gary Elliott, Ian Storey, Brian Ferguson
County Councillor Lucy Hovvels
Parish Clerk Sue Waistell, no members of the public.
Cllr R Collins, Cllr M Gilvin, County Cllr Jake Miller
002/22 Notice of Motion
003//22 Declaration of Interest
004/22 Dispensations for Declared Interests
005/22 Exclusion of the Press and Public
006/22 Open Session
County Councillors Reports
Cllr Hovvels updated the council members on the following:-
• Cllr Hovells noted the wardens have reported ongoing issues with fly-tipping and arson problems. It was noted the Police have been supportive.
• This week is National Mental Health Week and there are ongoing campaigns throughout the County.
• DLI project up and running and a full report will follow at a later date.
• New DCC HQ building noted and issues surrounding
• Ongoing issues with Arriva bus service 239 being suspended as previously reported.
• Re the Ukraine situation – within the County 138 families have been sponsored. Also 5 families have moved into Shadforth
• Ongoing problems with cars parked on yellow lines at Samaritan Corner, could cause potential accidents.
• The Government agreed £150 Council Tax rebates are starting to be paid and should continue to do so over the next couple of weeks. Payments are direct to bank accounts if paid by DD and by voucher for other payment methods.
The members thanked the County Councillor for her report.
It was Resolved to accept the Minutes of 12th April meeting as a true record.
• It was Resolved that the payments list be approved
• It was Resolved that the monthly bank statement be approved
• It was Resolved that the grant application from the Friends of Deaf Hill School for a Circus based theme day on 5th July 2022 be accepted and the payment of £3000 against the full project cost of £7000 be approved
009/22 Find and Fix Project – no further update
010/22 Provision of Defibrillators
As noted in previous minutes, three have been agreed, location still needs to be confirmed. Issue as to whether to place one at the Topshop due to anti-social behaviour problems there. There are alternatives available.
011/22 Policy Review (*)
None to Review.
012/22 Planning (*)
None to Consider.
013/22 Chairmans Report
• The Chairman suggested we consider the Cemeteries Award, details will be sent to the Clerk. We have received details via email which will be looked at.
• All other items were covered in the Agenda
014/22 Clerks Report
• All items were covered in the agenda
015/22 Councillors Reports
• Cllr Ferguson mentioned he had reported various street lights that weren’t working via Cllr Howells.
• All items were covered in the agenda
017/22 List of items for Future Agendas
• Lights for the Samaritan tree, DCC remain the cheapest option. Other quotes will be obtained for comparison purposes.
018/22 Exclusion of Press and Public – none attended so n/a
019/22 Close of Meeting
The business of the meeting was concluded at 8.19 pm.
These minutes were agreed as a true record at the meeting of Council held on
Minutes of the Extraordinary Meeting of Trimdon Foundry Parish Council
held on Tuesday 31st May 2022
Councillors Carole Bell, Gail Elliott (Chair), Gary Elliot, Brian Ferguson
Cllr Mike Gilvin
E02/22 Notice of Motion to call the meeting to be held on 31st May 2022
Resolved: To hold the meeting 31st May 2022
E03/22 Declarations of interest from members on any item to be discussed
E05/22 Exclusion of the Press and Public
a) To consider and approve payment of items listed
Resolved: That the payments be approved
b) To consider and approve the monthly bank statement
Resolved: That the monthly bank statements were approved
c) To consider and decide response to any grant applications received
No grant applications were received
d) To receive the Annual Internal Audit Report
Resolved: That the Annual Internal Audit Report be received and accepted
e) To approve the Annual Governance Statement
Resolved: To approve the Annual Governance Statement
f) To approve the Accounting Statement
Resolved: To approve the Accounting Statement
g) The signing of the Annual Governance Statement and The Accounting Statement by the RFO / clerk and chair
The RFO and the Chair signed the Annual Governance Statement and the Accounting Statement
h) To agree the commencement date for the Exercise of Public Rights as 1st July 2022
Resolved: That the commencement for the Exercise of Public Rights be 1st July 2022
E07/22 Close of Meeting
These minutes were agreed as a true record at the meeting of Council held on : 1st June 2022
Page added 11th November 2022