Durham Homestay have set up a new drop in venue in the local area, in Trimdon Village Hall. This is held every Tuesday 11-1. This is a drop in service and anyone can pop along for free advice and is a community based service providing individualised housing related support.
Need support with your housing? Landlord issues? Debts becoming unmanageable? Perhaps you need support applying for benefits? Don't sit there worrying, visit our Drop in and let's see how we can help you. Our fantastic teams have so much experience and are waiting to offer support. Appointments aren't needed but best arrive early to avoid disappointment!
Other support include;
- Advocacy and Advice
- Practical Support
- Emotional Support Assistance can be given in the following areas:
- Help in finding, setting up and maintaining a home.
- Support to access appropriate services relating to mental health.
- Developing domestic or life skills, as well as social skills or behaviour management.
- Advice, advocacy and liaison with relevant agencies.
- Help in managing finances and benefit claims.
- Assistance with form filling, both paper and online.
- Emotional support, and advice.
- Help in establishing social contacts and activities.
- Risk assessment to help in establishing personal safety and security.
- Help finding alternative accommodation.
- Help maintaining the safety and security of the home.
- Advice and support on repairs and home improvement work.
- Help with shopping, in times of crisis, and being a good neighbour.
- Access to local community organisations.
- Support related to harassment, domestic abuse and anti-social behaviour.
- Signposting to culture specific legal services, health and treatment services or parenting advisory agencies.
- Access to employment and training opportunities and signposting to providers.
- Health Promotion, (may include Healthy eating, Contraception, etc.).
- Encouraging empowerment and raising self-esteem.
- Improving wellbeing and resilience
You can also contact any of our team by:
Telephone :0191 731 1470
Text: 07341 457 573
or message us on Facebook (County Durham Homestay Service)
Page added 16th February 2022