THE MINUTES OF THE EXTRAORDINARY MEETING OF TRIMDON FOUNDRY PARISH COUNCIL HELD IN THE COMMUNITY CENTRE. TRIMDON.
WEDNESDAY 27TH AUGUST 2014 at 18:30
COUN J.G. GRIGG (CHAIR)
CLLRS. G.E. ELLIOT, G. ELLIOT, B.D. FERGUSON, M. EADSFORTH.
FORMER CLERK: K. TWEDDLE
The Former Parish Clerk began the meeting at 18:30 by placing many boxes on the table. She proceeded to explain the contents of each box in preparation for the new clerk. She added that there was no password to open the accounting software and the new clerk would need to contact the software company in order to access the accounts. Mrs Tweddle asked members to sign to acknowledge receipt of paperwork. The members refused to sign until all paperwork is checked by the independent auditor.
The Chairman, Councillor J.G. Grigg handed a letter of resignation to Councillor G. Elliott. Councillor Eadsforth requested that, in light of his resignation, the Chairman forward her the necessary information from the CDALC regarding the appointment of the new clerk. Councillor Grigg agreed after a brief discussion. At 18:45 Mrs Tweddle and Mr J.G. Grigg left the meeting.
1. Councillor Ferguson moved that the resignation of the Chairman be formally accepted and moved that Councillor Eadsforth be elected Acting Chairman. This was seconded by Councillor E.G. Elliott and agreed unanimously.
RESOLVED – The Council formally accepts the Chairman’s resignation and Councillor Eadsforth be elected Acting Chair.
2. In light of the resignation of Councillor France at the August meeting Councillor Ferguson moved that Councillor E.G. Elliott be elected Acting Vice Chairman. This was seconded by Councillor G. Elliott and agreed unanimously.
RESOLVED – Councillor E.G. Elliott be elected Acting Vice Chair.
Resignation of the Parish Clerk
After dealing with the above uncirculated business, the meeting continued with Cllr. Eadsforth in the chair. The meeting returned to the Agenda.
3. After seeking advice from Mr Steve Ragg, Executive Officer of County Durham Association of Local Councils, it was moved by Councillor G.E. Elliott that an Appointments Sub Committee was formed, comprising of all of the members. The subcommittee would work with the County Council and the CDALC to prepare the job description, advertise the post, prepare the terms of office and formally begin the process. It was seconded by Cllr. Ferguson and agreed unanimously.
RESOLVED – An Appointments Sub Committee be formed comprised of the Chairman, Cllr. Eadsforth, Vice Chairman Cllr. G. Elliott and Cllrs Ferguson and G.E. Elliott
4. Cllr. Ferguson moved that a Finance Subcommittee be formed to ensure all accounts were dealt with appropriately in the future. He moved that it would comprise of Councillors Ferguson , G. and G.E. Elliott. The committee would also ensure that bills were paid and rents were collected until the appointment of the new Clerk. The motion was seconded by Councillor G. Elliott and agreed unanimously.
RESOLVED – A finance subcommittee, comprised of Cllrs. Ferguson, G. and G.E. Elliott be formed.
5. Councillor Eadsforth proposed that under the Local Government Act 1972, Section 112 (5) the role of clerk be delegated to all four members of the council until a temporary clerk is appointed. This was seconded by Councillor G.E. Elliott and agreed unanimously. Until a temporary clerk is established it was agreed to send all correspondence to Councillor Eadsforth. Councillor Fergsuon is to manage burials. Councillors G. and G.E. Elliott will ensure the payment of bills and the upkeep of the accounts. They will also contact the bank with reference to changing the members able to sign checks.
RESOLVED – the role of Clerk be delegated to all four members of the Council in accordance with the Local Government Act 1972, Section 112(5) until a temporary clerk is appointed.
6. Councillor Eadsforth proposed that a Temporary Clerk be appointed at the earliest opportunity to guide the Council through the interregnum period and to help the appointments committee through the process. It was seconded by Councillor G. Elliott and agreed unanimously.
RESOLVED – A temporary Clerk be appointed at the council’s earliest possible opportunity.
That being all the business Councillor Eadsforth closed the meeting.
Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 9th September 2014 at Trimdon Station Resident’s Association, May Crescent
Cllr. M. Eadsforth,
THE MINUTES OF THE EXTRAORDINARY MEETING OF TRIMDON FOUNDRY PARISH COUNCIL HELD IN THE COMMUNITY CENTRE. TRIMDON ON WEDNESDAY 27TH AUGUST 2014 at 18:30