THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING
OF THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING OF THE LOCAL
OF THE PARISH OF TRIMDON FOUNDRY
HELD ON 6TH MAY 2014
Present:- COUN B FERGUSON (Chair)
Mesdames: G E Elliott and L Grigg
Messrs: J W France and J Grigg
There were 7 members of the public present.
An apology for absence was received from Councillor G Elliott.
1. THE MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING OF THE LOCALGOVERNMENT ELECTORS OF THE PARISH OF TRIMDON FOUNDRY held on 6th May 2014 a copy of which had been circulated to those present, were confirmed as a true record.
2. CHAIRMAN’S COMMENTS ON THE YEAR 2013/14
The meeting received a copy of the Chairman’s comments on the work of the Council during 2013/14 a copy of which was circulated to those in attendance.
3. THE FINANCIAL STATEMENT FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31ST MARCH 2014
The report of the Parish Council’s Accounts for 2013/14, a copy of which had been circulated to those present was noted. The Chair made reference to the fact that assets at the end of the financial year were £193,915.14.
4. LIST OF PROJECTS CARRIED OUT DURING 2013/14
The list of projects carried out during the year 2013/14 was circulated to those present and noted.
The meeting was informed that agreement on the level of allotment rents was still outstanding but would be resolved shortly on the return of the Clerk from annual leave.
5. TO CONSIDER ANY RESOLUTIONS FOR WHICH WRITTEN NOTICE HAD BEEN GIVEN
There were no resolutions to consider.
6. OPEN SESSION– TO TAKE QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC
Concern was expressed by the way in which the decision to hold the meeting on 6th May 2014, had been taken. The meeting should have been held following the filling of the vacancy on the Council at an election to be held on 8 May 2014.
The date of the meeting had however been agreed by resolution of the Council.
The meeting concluded at 6.13 p.m.
Trimdon Foundry Annual Parish Meeting 2014