|MINUTES OF ANNUAL PARISH MEETING
THE MINUTES OF WEDNESDAY 9TH MAY 2012;
791. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
792. APPOINTMENT OF VICE CHAIRMAN OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
793. APPOINTMENT OF REPRESENTATIVES TO OUTSIDE BODIES 2012/13
794. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
795. TO WELCOME PAMELA GLAISTER
796. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
797. POLICE MATTERS
798. PLANNING MATTERS
800. MEMBER’S INDIVIDUAL REPORTS
801. RESIDENT’S REPORTS
802. CLERK’S REPORT
803. RESOLUTION TO EXCLUDE THE PRESS AND THE PUBLIC
804. FINANCIAL MATTERS
805. DATE & TIME OF THE NEXT MEETING
THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ELECTORS OF THE PARISH OF TRIMDON FOUNDRY HELD ON WEDNESDAY 9th MAY 2012
Present : COUN J GRIGG (Chair) Mesdames: L Grigg Messrs: Cllrs B D Ferguson & N Kell There were 2 members of the public present.
Apologies; Cllr D Kelly & J France
1. THE MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL PARISH MEETING OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ELECTORS OF THE PARISH OF TRIMDON FOUNDRY held on 18th May 2011 a copy of which was circulated to those present, were confirmed as a true record.
2. THE FINANCIAL STATEMENT FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31ST MARCH 2012 & AUDIT FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31ST MARCH 2011
The Report of the Parish Council’s Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2012 a copy of which had been circulated to those present, was considered. The report of the Council’s Auditor BDO Stoy Hayward had been received with no action being required.
RESOLVED that the report of the Parish Council’s Accounts for the year ended 31st March 2012 be received and the information given, be noted.
3. LIST OF PROJECTS CARRIED OUT DURING 20011/2012
Councillor J Grigg, Chairman reported in detail the actions and work which had been carried out by the Parish Council over the past year which included:-
1. Firework display – provided free of charge for all of the village 2. Further improvement to the memorial garden scheme by improving the car park facilities 3. Increase in the supply of planters and grit bins around the village 4. Essential repair of the fence on horse close lane 5. Provision of dog bags free of charge 6. Involvement in the community appraisal document 7. Partnership arrangements with the new owner of St Pauls Church to retain the church clock and it’s chimes 8. Schemes committed to but not yet complete:- • Pit Pony Sculpture on the Wheatley Hill Roundabout • Traffic Management Scheme Tobin Street 9. Donations to the following groups/organisations:- • Deaf Hill Ward Regeneration Partnership • Hartlepool & District Hospice • Great North Air Ambulance • West of the A19 Youth Group, Trimdon • Deaf Hill Luncheon Club • Trimdon Homing Society
RESOLVED the report of the Chairman be received.
10. RESOLUTIONS OF WHICH WRITTEN NOTICE HAD BEEN RECEIVED The Clerk reported that no written notices of resolutions had been received.
RESOLVED that the information given be noted.
11. OPEN SESSION There were no items or questions raised by members of the public. RESOLVED that the information given be noted.
The meeting closed at 6.15pm.
Back to top ^
THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING TRIMDON FOUNDRY PARISH COUNCIL HELD IN THE COMMUNITY CENTRE, TRIMDON ON WEDNESDAY 9TH MAY 2012
PRESENT:- COUN J GRIGG (CHAIR) Mesdames:- L Grigg Messrs:- B D Ferguson & N Kell
791. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN OF THE PARISH COUNCIL RESOLVED Councillor J Grigg be elected as Chairman of the Parish Council for the ensuing year.
792. APPOINTMENT OF VICE CHAIRMAN OF THE PARISH COUNCIL RESOLVED that Councillor B D Ferguson be appointed as Vice Chairman of the Parish Council for the ensuing year.
793. APPOINTMENT OF REPRESENTATIVES TO OUTSIDE BODIES 2012/13 RESOLVED the following appointments be confirmed:- • EDF Wind Farm Funding : Councillor A Jackson • AAP : Councillor B D Ferguson • EDRC Local Councils Committee : Councillor B D Ferguson
794. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE Apologies for absence had been submitted and were accepted on behalf of Councillor D Kelly, J France and County Councillor M Nicholls
795. TO WELCOME PAMELA GLAISTER, SENIOR ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, DURHAM COUNTY COUNCIL TO THE MEETING The Chairman welcomed Ms Glaister to the meeting. Ms Glaister gave a progress report on all outstanding enforcement issues in the village. The need to follow the appropriate period of compliance was stressed and assurances were requested that all measures would be in place so that the necessary action could be followed to a full conclusion. Assurances were given that the appropriate enforcement action would be carried out in accordance with the recommendations made by the Planning Inspectorate.
On behalf of the Parish Council, the Chairman thanked Ms Glaister for attending the meeting. RESOLVED the Clerk confirm discussions in writing.
796. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING, a copy of which had been circulated to each Member, were approved.
797. POLICE MATTERS The Police apologized for their absence at last months meeting explaining there had been a mix up with meeting dates; the Clerk assured that she had now forwarded the meeting dates for the remainder of the year. Statistics were given for Member’s information and members and the public were given the opportunity to give any issues of concern to the Police for their attention. Speed monitoring was requested for the village multiple reports were given of speeding through the village at different times and in different locations. Officers assured this request would be passed on. The Police reminded everyone of the telephone number, 101, to make non urgent reports. RESOLVED the report be noted and the Police be thanked for their attendance.
798. PLANNING MATTERS There were no planning matters to report. RESOLVED the information given be noted.
799. CORRESPONDENCE Consideration was given to a list of correspondence received since the last meeting, a copy of which had been circulated to each Member. RESOLVED that:- (a) a donation of £100.00 be made to both the Trimdon Station Residents Association and Deaf Hill Ward Regeneration Partnership towards their Jubilee celebrations for residents in the village, and, (b) the correspondence received since the last meeting be noted and received.
800. MEMBER’S INDIVIDUAL REPORTS
(i) Tobin Street Scheme Members were pleased to report the scheme was now in place and positive remarks had been received from residents already. Thanks were recorded to County Councillor Nicholls for part funding this project, the remainder of the costs being paid by the Parish Council. The Chairman reported this may possibly be a further example of where stronger partnership working would be used due to the massive budget restraints being experienced by the County Council. RESOLVED the information given be noted.
(ii) School parking issues Progress was requested with this from the Parish Councils representative on the school governing body. It was reported the land ownership issues were still unresolved. RESOLVED progress be awaited.
(iii) Dog Fouling Concern was expressed that this problem seemed to be getting worse with dog owners picking up during the day but at night not bothering. The Chairman had been approached regarding the free dog bags which had been offered for over two years from the Community Centre. A request had also been made for additional dog bins. RESOLVED a report be made on the dog fouling problems.
(iv) Hedge It was reported the hedge opposite St Aidans Crescent/Rivendell required trimming. RESOLVED that this be attended to.
(v) Cenotaph Progress with this proposal was requested and it was suggested that a site meeting be organised to take this proposal forward. RESOLVED a site meeting be arranged.
(vi) Weight restriction sign missing It was reported that the weight restriction sign was missing at the junction into the village. RESOLVED this be reported.
(vii) Chairman’s Report The Chairman reported on the site visits he had held since the last meeting. Issues he had been dealing with were: parish paths; traffic calming Tobin Street; CCTV monitoring in the recreation area; derelict land; flower beds to be installed in prime locations/high visibility to achieve the aims and vision of the Parish Council to continue to improve the environment of the village for it’s residents. It was suggested he liaise with the contractor and come back with proposals. Infinis funding to stay in the three villages. Progress was requested on the re valuation of the allotments and the Clerk assured she would check on this and report back to the next meeting. RESOLVED reports be made where indicated and a further report on the planting of flower beds be awaited. FURTHER RESOLVED the Clerk contact Infinis regarding the allocation of grant funding.
801. RESIDENT’S REPORTS
(a) Recreation Ground Concern as expressed at the damage being made by horses on the recreation area. The Chairman reported on the drainage issues in the recreation area that were currently being investigated. RESOLVED signage relating to no horses being allowed, be erected at the recreation area.
(b) Various Clarification was requested on issues discussed earlier at the meeting. A report was made of vandalism of the totem pole on the parish footpath. Thanks were expressed for the donation made towards the Jubilee celebrations. RESOLVED that the information given be noted.
802. CLERK’S REPORT Consideration was given to the Clerk’s report, a copy of which had been circulated to each Member and had matters in it relating to:-
Cemetery; Rodwell Street; Bowling Green; Tobin Street Traffic Calming Scheme; Erection of Barrier – Recreation Area; Olympic Torch; Maintenance of Playground & Equipment; Insurance renewal; Precept April 2012; Fields in Trust. RESOLVED:- (i) the report be accepted; (ii) further investigations be made into grant funding through the Fields in Trust Scheme, and, (iii) no keys be issued for the height restriction barrier and this decision be re affirmed by all Members at the next Parish Council Meeting.
803. RESOLUTION TO EXCLUDE THE PRESS AND THE PUBLIC IN VIEW OF THE CONFIDENTIAL NATURE OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED THE COMMITTEE PASSED THE FORMAL RESOLUTION TO EXCLUDE THE PRESS & PUBLIC FROM THE MEETING, PURSUANT TO THE PUBLIC BODIES (ADMISSIONS TO MEETINGS) ACT 1961 AND THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT (ACCESS TO INFORMATION), ACT 1985.
804. FINANCIAL MATTERS
(i) Accounts for Payment RESOLVED that the accounts as listed totaling £3,528.43 be passed for payment.
(ii) Financial Statement for the year ended 31st March 2012 A copy of the financial statement for the year ended 31st March 2012, was circulated to each Member. RESOLVED that the statement be accepted and approved.
(iii) Annual Return for the year ended 31 March 2012 – To approve Section 1 – Accounting Statements and Section 2 – Annual Governance Statement Members were asked to approve the contents of Section 1 and 2 of the Annual Return and to give approval for the Chairman and Clerk to sign them on the Parish Council’s behalf. The Clerk advised that the Internal Audit would be carried out on 23rd & 24th May 2012 would be given for Member’s approval at the next meeting, and then sent off to the Auditors by the required deadline of 18th June 2012. RESOLVED approval be given to Section 1 & 2 of the Annual Return and the Chairman and Clerk be given authority to sign it on behalf of the Parish Council.
805. DATE & TIME OF THE NEXT MEETING RESOLVED the date and time of the next meeting be Wednesday 13th June 2012 at 6.30pm.