PRESENT:- COUN J GRIGG (CHAIR) Mesdames:- D Kelly, & L Grigg Messrs:- B D Ferguson, A Jackson & J France
748. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE Apologies for absence had been submitted and were accepted on behalf of Councillors D Kelly and County Councillor Nicholls.
749. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING, a copy of which had been circulated to each Member, were approved.
750. POLICE MATTERS The Police were not available to attend the meeting.
751. PLANNING MATTERS There were no planning details received this month. It was however asked that the Chairman and Clerk continue to progress the enforcement matters that were outstanding. RESOLVED that this course of action be followed and the help of Councillor Nicholls and Hovvels be enlisted with this matter.
752. CORRESPONDENCE Consideration was given to a list of correspondence received since the last meeting, a copy of which had been circulated to each Member. A “Thank you” letter had been received from the West A19 Youth Group following the donation made towards their trip to the theatre to see the musical Grease. RESOLVED that the correspondence received since the last meeting be noted and received.
753. MEMBER’S INDIVIDUAL REPORTS (i) Anti Social Behaviour – Luke Street A Local Member reported on problems with youths throwing bricks and mud across the roof of the Doctors Surgery and over into Luke Street onto residents cars and houses. RESOLVED this be reported to both the Police and Trimdon Parish Council. (ii) Allotment sites It was reported that the Neighbourhood Wardens had issued a second warning notice to the landlord of 27 Luke Street to clean up his garden site. RESOLVED the Parish Council’s appreciation for this action be expressed to the Wardens. Concern was expressed at the height of a fence and also the amount of builders rubble being kept in one of the allotment sites. RESOLVED the Clerk make contact with the holder on these matters. Concern was also expressed that on one of the sites a garage had been extended and now took in part of the wire from a telegraph pole. RESOLVED this resident be contacted to remove the structure from the restraining trunion. (iii) Fencing pulled down It was reported that a quad bike rider had damaged the fence to a local resident’s allotment garden, under Trimdon Parish Council’s management. RESOLVED this be reported both to the Police and Trimdon Parish Council. (iv) Fly Tipping It was reported that the fly tipped rubbish had not been removed from the area next to Knorwood. RESOLVED this be reported. (v) Bowling Green It was reported that the bowlers were to hold a meeting shortly to consider their Club’s future. The Clerk commented that the Parish Council would be extremely disappointed should the green not be required. RESOLVED that progress be awaited. (vi) Unauthorised Parking It was reported that a pick up was parking next to Dunswell Grange causing an obstruction. It was asked that the vehicle registration number be give to the Clerk and she would report it to the new Civil Parking Enforcement Officers. RESOLVED that this course of action be followed. (vii) Vermin It was reported that a large number of vermin had been seen nesting on the former Matt Watchman site. RESOLVED this be reported. (viii) Changes to the waste collection service A Local Member gave details of the changes that were to be introduced shortly to the waste collection and recycling in the County. This was to include a massive public relations campaign. RESOLVED the information given be noted. (ix) Chairman’s Report The Chairman explained that representations had been made to the County Council for the roads through the village to be re assessed and re classified as a Priority One Route rather than Two. Grit had been ordered to re fill the bins in the village. It was reported that a price had been given for the traffic calming and parking works in Tobin Street. An offer had been made by County Councillor Nicholls to contribute £2,000 of his Neighbourhood Fund towards the scheme. Details of changes to the bus services were given. A meeting with Officers of Groundwork was to be held to discuss the cenotaph/memorial. He asked for approval to arrange for repairs to the roof to the steel cabins in the recreation area. RESOLVED:- (i) approval be given for the works at Tobin Street; (ii) progress form the meeting on the cenotaph be awaited; (iii) repair works be carried out to the cabins at the Recreation Area.
754. RESIDENT’S REPORTS It was asked when was the waste recycling centre being closed at Thornely. RESOLVED the Clerk find out and advise Mrs Carter.
755. CLERK’S REPORT Consideration was given to the Clerk’s report, a copy of which had been circulated to each Member under the following headings:- Cemetery Valuation of the Allotment/Garage Sites Former St Pauls Church Supply of rock salt for Gritting Purposes Endorsement of the action taken in ordering grit to re fill the bins in the village, was given. Winter & Summer Grounds Maintenance – Contracts with Durham County Council. Charity Commission – Annual Return Former Chapel Site County Councillor Nicholls progress report was given in his absence. It was reported………
756. RESOLUTION TO EXCLUDE THE PRESS AND THE PUBLIC IN VIEW OF THE CONFIDENTIAL NATURE OF THE FOLLOWING ITEMS TO BE DISCUSSED THE COMMITTEE PASSED THE FORMAL RESOLUTION TO EXCLUDE THE PRESS & PUBLIC FROM THE MEETING, PURSUANT TO THE PUBLIC BODIES (ADMISSIONS TO MEETINGS) ACT 1961 AND THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT (ACCESS TO INFORMATION), ACT 1985.
757. FINANCIAL MATTERS (i) Accounts for Payment RESOLVED that the accounts as listed totaling £10,502.85 be passed for payment. (ii) Bank Reconciliation – December 2011 RESOLVED that the bank reconciliation for the month of December 2011, be accepted.
758. DATE & TIME OF THE NEXT MEETING RESOLVED the date and time of the next meeting be Wednesday 8th February 2012.